The demand for labia revision surgery has increased dramatically over the last decade. Many women who are experiencing aging or have experienced postpartum anatomical changes decide to undergo labiaplasty for many reasons, including vagina lip discomfort and aesthetic preferences.
What Is a Laser Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty, or vaginal rejuvenation, is a procedure to reduce the size of a woman’s labia minora. While the labia majora are the outer lips surrounding the vaginal opening, the labia minora are the inner lips.
Benefits of Laser Reduction Labiaplasty
The goal of laser labiaplasty in Fort Myers is to reduce the labia minora to a point where it no longer hangs below the labia majora. Labia revision surgery may be performed to reduce the length of the labia minora so that they no longer twist with the labia majora or become exposed in a bathing suit. Laser labiaplasty can also reduce the asymmetry of the labia.
Some women choose to undergo labia minora reduction surgery to change the appearance or shape of the labia minora. Labia minora plastic surgery can also reduce the size of the labia minora and lessen labia discomfort associated with bicycling, intercourse or wearing tight clothing or bathing suits.
Other women may not like the appearance of what they consider to be a large labia and opt for vagina lip surgery even without physical discomfort or complaints. Some who view their inner labia as abnormally long may experience psychological distress, and wearing thongs or tight-fitting swimsuits in public may cause self-conscious feelings.
About the Labial Reduction Procedure
There are two main procedures to address the labia minora, both of which are usually performed under anesthesia — wedge resection and edge resection.
Wedge resection involves cutting wedge-shaped silvers of skin out of the labia minora’s center to maintain the original labial edges. This labia revision surgery brings the remaining skin together with dissolvable sutures. Alternatively, edge resection trims the excess protruding edges of the labia.
Labia revision surgery involves one of the following approaches:
- Injecting filler material or fat to plump labia that aren’t as full as desired
- Using liposuction or cutting out tissue on labia that are fuller than desired
Who We Are
U First Health & Rejuvenation offers both mesh hernia repair and female health rejuvenation services in Fort Myers, Florida. For over two decades, Dr. Anne Lord-Tomas has been helping women live, age and feel better inside and out by focusing on patients’ overall wellness.
Here are some of the benefits of choosing U First Health & Rejuvenation for labia minora reduction surgery in Fort Myers:
- Our intimate, concierge-type clinical practice focuses on helping patients achieve optimal health and confidence in intimacy.
- Our practice model allows for ample face-to-face time between doctor and patient.
- Labia revision surgery is tailored to each patient’s needs, and we don’t rush the process.
- We offer an in-house Surgical Center/Lab for your convenience, without insurance hassles or restraints.
- A customized plan will be made between you and your doctor before surgery to nurture and empower you on the path toward optimal health and wellness.
- Our team of professionals will work to thoroughly educate, pamper and motivate you, and we’ll listen to any questions and concerns you have.